THANK YOU to the 56 players and families you participated in our inaugural Goalie Wars!
Congratulations to the following winners:
11U and younger:
Champion: Brayden Higby
Finalist: AJ Douglass
Champion: Torrin Marrou
Finalist: Jorge Jaimes
15U and older:
Champion: Jaxson Thornton
Finalist: Austin Dacillo
HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE AT THE NEXT GOALIE WARS IN MARCH 2018!
See picture below!
Welcome to the inaugural Austin Texans Goalie Wars! This event showcases and challenges the technical skills and fitness of goalkeepers. Proceeds of this event support Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 15, 2017 AT TEXANS FIELD AT PFLUGERVILLE. 303 E. Pflugerville Parkway, Pflugerville, TX 78660.
REGISTER HERE! REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. If you would like to be placed on a wait list in the event we have cancellations or other needs for players, please email Ric Granryd directly at email@example.com.
Goalie Wars is a 1v1 tournament specific to the Goalkeeping position. The tournament is for Boys & Girls ages 8 – 18. There are 3 games guaranteed (plus a possible semi-final, and a possible final).
Goalie Wars is played on approximately a 30 yd long by 20 yd wide field, divided in half by a midfield line. An age-appropriate size goal sits at both ends of the field. Each goalkeeper plays in one half of the field defending their goal, while trying to score on the goal of the opposing goalkeeper.
Goalie Wars is a challenging 1v1 game that is enjoyable for goalkeepers of all ages.
See the link to view a Goalie War! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CqjLRuLD-w
GENERAL RULES FOR GOALIE WARS
1. Field size is approximately 30 yards X 20 yards which is divided in half by a mid-line (modified for younger players).
2. An age-appropriate goal sits at on each end-line.
3. Each goalkeeper must stay in their own half of the field and they are not allowed to cross the mid- line. They defend their own goal while trying to score in the opposition’s goal by throwing, bowling, punting or kicking the ball into the goal.
4. A coin toss determines which keeper gets the ball first.
5. Each goalie has 6 seconds to get rid of the ball. They may take unlimited steps in their own half of the field. When a successful save is made, play continues immediately. Goalkeepers may play rebounds as long as the ball is in their own half of the field. A goal is scored only when the ball completely crosses the goal line. If the ball goes out of bounds, play restarts by the goalie that has the rights to the ball and the play must start on their own end line.
6. Goalies may have helpers (can be friends, family, other GK’s in the tournament) to retrieve balls and feed them during the game. The ball retrievers will stock the balls at either side of the goalie’s net.
7. Games consist of two 2 minute halves with a 1 minute break for half time.
8. The winner is determined by the goalie who has the most goals after the game is complete.
Points for Bracket Round games:
11U and younger action