Featuring: Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Declan Condron and Youth Development Director and 11 Year MLS Veteran, Tyson Wahl.
Become more injury resistant and stronger as you head into the Club and College Preseason.
Two equal points of emphasis:
A) Speed, Agility, Strength, Injury Prevention, Fitness, Mobility
B) Soccer skills and specific tactical learning objectives each day
Boys and Girls 09s and older
July 9-12th July 16-19th
8:30-10:30AM 09s-06s (U9-U12)
10:30AM-12:30PM 05s-99s (U13-U19)
Location: Texans Fields Pflugerville (TFP). 303. E. Pflugerville Pkwy, Pflugerville
$99 per week. $175 for two weeks. (Camp T-Shirt included)
Learn from 11 Year MLS Veteran and All-American defender, Tyson Wahl
Tyson has defended against: Thierry Henry, David Villa, Andrea Pirlo, Didier Drogba, Frank Lampard, David Beckham, Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Jozi Altidore, Freddy Ljundberg, Marco Divaio, Sebastian Giovinco, and many more world class attackers.
Boys and Girls 07s and older
9:00AM - 10:30AM Birth Year: 07-05 (U11-U13)
10:30AM-12:00PM Birth Year 04-99 (U14-U19)
Location: Texans Fields Pflugerville (TFP). 303 E. Pflugerville Pkwy, Pflugerville
Ric Granryd 1982 Detroit Express
Junior Camp (10U-12U): 6/26, 27, 28, 6:30-8:30pm
Senior Camp (13U-19U): 7/2, 3, 5, 6:30-8:30pm
** Both camps will be grouped by ability on-site for training purposes.
On June 9th 2018, the Austin Texans are hosting Vol.1 of
"Here comes the BOOM" - the Austin Texans Finishing contest!
The tournament is open to all soccer players in the Austin area, Girls and Boys born from 2009 to 2000 and will take place at our Texans home facilities in Pflugerville.
The format is 3v3 with the following rules (Excerpt):
1. Field size is approximately 36 yards X 20 yards which is divided in half by a mid-line (modified for younger players).
2. An age-appropriate goal sits on each end-line.
3. Each team must stay in their own half of the field and they are not allowed to cross the mid- line. They defend their own goal while trying to score in the opposition’s goal by shooting.
4. A coin toss/rock-paper-scissors determines which team gets the ball first.
5. Each team has 6 seconds to take the shot. They may take unlimited touches in their own half of the field. When a successful save is made, play continues immediately. Sweeper Keepers may play rebounds as long as the ball is in their own half of the field. A goal is scored only when the ball completely crosses the goal line. If the ball goes out of bounds, play restarts by the sweeper keeper that has the rights to the ball and the play must start on their own end line.
6. Teams may have helpers (can be friends, family, other players in the tournament) to retrieve balls and feed them during the game. The ball retrievers will stock the balls at either side of the goalie’s net.
7. Games consist of two 3 minute halves with a 1 minute break for half time. Teams must rotate their Sweeper Keepers every minute.
As we think that no player should be turned away from Select Soccer due to her/his financial situation, we decided to pass on all funds generated in "Here comes the BOOM" to our players in need.
Please save the date & spread the word to make "Here comes the BOOM" an event for all Texan families and Soccer lovers in the area.
Join the fun at Blackland Prairie! Register today!