The Austin Texans Soccer Club has several ways for you and your family to participate in a variety of activities. Most are volunteer-oriented, which will satisfy Club financial aid requirements as well as school, civic, or other volunteer programs. Some are paid roles (referee and some coaching roles). We appreciate all the work our club family volunteers do each season! The club could not conduct all our regular business and special events without you!
Field Marshals are generally used at games at TFR (Hutto). However, there will also be games at TFP (Hill Country Bible Church-Pflugerville) and 1849 Park.
You may wonder, what am I signing up to do as a field marshall? In general you will be walking the grounds, directing participants to their fields, answering general questions and monitoring for any issues/injuries. There may be times that you may be asked to help with a particular task, but in general, most of the time you will be walking the fields.
For this role and location we are requesting that volunteers be a minimum of 16 years old. You can always bring your child with you but please don't sign them up if they aren't old enough.
Thank you for all you do, volunteers are key to the success of our program and other events we hold throughout the year and we couldn't do it without your help.
1. Complete the appropriate referee clinic. Referees must show proof of certification in order to participate as a referee for the Texans.
2. Grades 8 and 9:
o Allows you to referee for all Div III and Div IV games (minimum age for referees is 12 years old).
o Allows you to referee as a Line for all games.
3. Fill out the Referee Registration Form and email the Referee Assignor (Mike Capetillo - firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. Attend a mandatory referee meeting at the beginning of the season.
2019 badge year
To South Texas Referees,
Beginning July 01, 2018, we begin the certification and re-certification requirements for the 2019 badge year.
So that we are better aligned with the U.S. Soccer Referee Development Program, our certification requirements have changed and I encourage you to review those changes on our website at www.stsr.org.
A few changes to highlight:
· We are removing the 7+ grade. Those who are registered as a 7+ for 2018 may consider upgrading to 06 State Referee (see new requirements on the website). Otherwise, 7+ registrants not upgrading to 06 State Referee will be grade 07 upon registration.
· The certification requirements for 06 State and 05 State have changed. Please see new requirements at www.stsr.org.
· We are re-instituting the grade 09 certification for those officials who are 12 and 13 years of age and referee small sided games. (if you are 12 or 13 years old and already a grade 08, you will remain a grade 08)
· If you are 18 years or older and registered as a grade 08 (youth game), you will certify as a grade 07 (adult game) so that you can referee both youth and adult games.
We encourage you to spend a few moments reviewing the requirements on www.stsr.org.
The club conducts several tournament events each year to serve the community and soccer folks, but also to raise funds for the club.
Winter Pfrost 3v3: January 19, 2019
Boys and Girls College Showcases: February 2-3, 2019
Warm-Up Cup: February 9-10, 2019
Maintaining two quality soccer complexes is the largest operating task and budget in the club. The main areas of need are:
1. Weed eating (year-round)
2. Aerating and fertilizing (quarterly)
3. Over-seeding rye (Late October)
4. Irrigation repair (as needed)
5. Mowing (year-round)
6. Miscellaneous (as needed)
Contact Ric Granryd at email@example.com.